Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cultivating Patience

Cyclamen 3/10/12, ©2012, Hannah Hunter, 5" x 7," Watercolor
I've been all aglow about my new website and the ease of navigating within it from portfolio to blog and back again. It's rather like having a closet makeover (which I've never done!) so that everything is within immediate reach.

I invite you to hop over and see what I've been up to in the studio. It's March and as the first spring flowers have burst into bloom, I've been sitting patiently (most of the time!), pursuing their simplicity and beauty in the studio. To read more, click here.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely watercolor Hannah...glad you are happy with your new site.
    Come for a visit to see my latest exciting news. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn--I'll travel over to your site this afternoon and see:-)

      Delete
  2. A lovely post about patience, which we all need. And the watercolors are beautiful; so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Altoon--I think there's an unexplored correspondence between using the world in front of you as food for study or nourishment, i.e., blooming cyclamen and cooking with local, fresh ingredients (as I note your new post on swiss chard soup with lemon.) Both are delicious explorations...

      Delete
  3. hmmm...I got bumped, and I'm a WP blogger, from your website...I'll have to learn what's happening with that...

    I do love your aging inquiry and the Buddhist reflections...so beautifully balanced with your thoughtful observations of the flowers in the delicate hand that wc provides...lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that each computer has a mind of its own, if not a soul! Hopefully, you'll get the bumps ironed out and I'll see you over at WP soon...In the meantime, thank you: I like the image of reflections balanced with the paintings of flowers. Always good to see through another's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new site is spacious and light. I like the freedom feeling from one. You and your friends are really creative. Floral paintings touched me a lot with their natural gentleness.

    ReplyDelete